This salad is lovely as a light lunch, or as an accompaniment to fish or chicken with sliced ciabatta bread.
- 200g (approx) Blackball Salami Streaky Bacon
- 1 packet frozen broad beans
- ½ head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 t wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 T white wine vinegar
Remove the broad beans from the packet and cover with hot water for 10 minutes to defrost. Cut the bacon into large cubes and fry until cooked, for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and broad beans together until just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove the skins from the broad beans and discard. Place broccoli and beans in a bowl and add the bacon and tomatoes. Combine dressing ingredients and pour over the salad, season with salt and pepper and then top with sliced almonds. Serves 4.